[ love and comraderie ]

Friday, November 12, 2004

He, Chicken

chicken

He sleeps on my pillow,
Wraps his arms around my cranium
And nestles his cold, wet
Nose into my
Ear.

He likes to bathe me
as I'm just about to fall
Asleep.

He touches me (he's left-pawed),
and extends his talons.
He says it's because
He's happy.

Right now he's sitting on my knee.
More talons.
Joy!
It looks like a macroscopic killing spree.

He talks, whines, purrs
Yells, hurls insults and
Demands
Non-stop.

He shoots blanks.
He forgave me.
But reminds me of his suffering
Daily.

His name is Chicken.
I am The Comrade.
Together we are one.

This is what I have to put up with everyday.

1 Comments:

  • Yay!!! Show us all the lovely creatures that inhabit your home and write odes to/of them!

    (This was really a poor stab at a poem, but thanks for your support, lovely.)

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 4:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home