[ love and comraderie ]

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Statements Made To Me In The Last 72 Hours

"You are Neo."
"I love you." x4
"... it's a lebian bar in the meat packing district."
What I heard as "sleeve", which really was a slurred, "Just leave". "Stleave."
"You're an idiot."
"They liked you so much they wanted to hire you again."
"You're the only one I talk to about this shit."
"Aww..." x 3
"You are incomparable."
"I think youre grovy." (forgive her, she was sick)
"Were you boring and beige like everyone else it might be easier."
"We should *all* know by now, you're always right." (boring sarcasm by my boss... whom I adore)
"You are bursting with color, with emotion, with soul."
"You're my favourite."
"Go fuck yourself."
"I am so lucky to have met my new friend."
"You're losing too much weight."
"Of course you're still my best friend... I'm just really hungover."
"You didn't return my calls."
"How do you work around all this negativity?"
"You're right! He *does* look just like the 'Disappointed' Emoticon!"
"You are hilarious and fun and a big ball o' sunshine!"
"You smell nice."
"He's a closet case. I'm in love."
"Would you like anything for last call?"
"God I love it when I say nice things to you and you berate me like a 2 year old."
"This is the Dream Team!"
"Dude, that shot's for you."
"Are you the one who said her date looked like the type of guy who'd rip the wings off a butterfly?" Yes.
"I've got a cheque for you."
"Meeeeooooowwwww!!" x too many to count.
"Hahahahahahah..." x too many to count.
"Come by the studio and I'll show you how to blow glass." !!!!
"My music sucks? You listen to circus music."
"Hey, I bought beer and I'm starting dinner. You want?"
"Oh well, no wonder! You started with The Fountainhead." (The Comrade hates the Capitalist Manifesto of Ayn Rand)
"You're fucked up... in a good way... you know... *deep*."
"I want you to be my girlfriend."
"We'd like to buy you a drink."
"Stick this in your bag."
"I have been worried about you."
"I caught wind of my termination early and got a doctor's note. Now I'm getting 3 months PAID for stress leave!"
"You think calling your 'cooter' a 'snatch' is better than 'pussy'?"
"I'm going to be a substitute pallbearer tomorrow."
"Thank you." x too many to count.

Decidedly, life does not suck.

4 Comments:

  • you listen to circus music?

    By Blogger whatever, at 11:48 p.m.  

  • what is circus music?

    By Blogger whatever, at 11:49 p.m.  

  • Years ago I was dragged to a Tom Waits concert. I wasn't a fan. There were so many ardent fans that desperately wanted my $80 ticket, but the company I was with wouldn't hear of me selling.

    He came in from the back of the full-capacity auditorium wearing a top hat with little glued on mirror fragments that spun stars all over the walls and ceilings. He spoke/sang through a megaphone and I fell in love with him.

    I have a 'dark' circus aesthetic in visual art and in music. In art, think Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas or any of his artwork in Oyster Boy. With music, in this case Tom Wait's concert, it was music of the absurd, the fantastic, the joyful, the romantic, the tragic, the idealistic. The images his music evoked in my mind was of being taken to every circus sideshow around the world. He had nearly everything including the kitchen sink on stage. He was just missing the bearded lady.

    The Arcade Fire too is this...

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 12:49 a.m.  

  • When's that Camera crew going to be following you around?
    -Z-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home