[ love and comraderie ]

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Super Power

When I was working the other night I was serving a table of four, two couples, who asked me:

"If you could have a Super Power, what would it be?"

Interesting question. I needed a moment to think as this was so delicious to me.

Josh, the person who coined the accusation of this Comrade being like an 18 year old boy, who incidentally is my favourite person to work with, wanted to Spiderman.

Matthew, the bartender, who last year resented and distrusted me a little more than I did him, who now sits firmly, fully reciprocated, as someone who is quite important to me now, offered his: Depending on his wildly oscillating moods, there would be grande, epic or general theme music that trailed him wherever he went. I added: he'd instantly have a costume change as well. I see capes, trains, and a lot of leather...

As for me, I would systematically pop every single human being who should not be of this Earth. I would neither receive acclaim nor any punishment.

2 Comments:

  • shape shifter would be great. i've always wanted the ability to be a fly on the wall and be privvy to certain conversations and happenings!
    but being able to read minds would be cool too. and so would flying.
    okay, so maybe i need to be granted the gift of decisiveness.

    By Blogger whatever, at 1:17 p.m.  

  • I went with a couple of friends for drinks a few years back at Ted’s Garage. It turned out it was an evening of Improv… it was mostly bad, but they kept asking for help deciding topics from the audience to prove that this stuff wasn’t thought out in advance. One of the questions of course was “What is the superhero’s super power”. To which I blurted out “He’s Gay”! To which we fell over ourselves laughing, true theatre absurd stuff. They didn’t really do it justice when they acted it though. The guy who played the super hero obviously had issues with playing gay, or even finding humour in the idea of poking fun at lame ass stereo types placed on anyone of the other team. Still, we still joke about it sometimes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home