[ love and comraderie ]

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Conjugating Verbs

Do Make Say Think
DO
MAKE
SAY
THINK

At the Phoenix Concert Theatre last night.

Wall of [ S O U N D ].
Epic and grande in structure.
Post-rock, or Space-rock, if you like.
Builds until you want to E-X-P-L-O-D-E.
It's like rock meets classical meets jazz meets God.

If I had to choose, I'd still pick Godspeed You Black Emperor! or Mogwai, but they weren't playing last night.

Boy, I love what some people can do with their instruments. Mr. Couke, you old fuddy-duddy, you never taught me how to do THOSE things with my bass... you BASTARD! I'd still be making music now! Crap!!

2 Comments:

  • MR. COUKE'S JOB WAS TO PLANT THE SEED, THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH TIME FOR ANY SINGLE STUDENT.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 a.m.  

  • Mister... Couke? Is that you?

    If public schools had faculties that taught passionately, or at least taught with a modicum of interest other than in their final pension results, I don't think I would have had a bad thing to say about my ineffectual music teacher. He wasn't the seed planter; Amadeus (Mozart) was. Mr. Couke was more like Monsanto.

    Oh, and you're wrong; we have forever to be students...

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home