[ love and comraderie ]

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

And Now For Something (Not So) Completely Different...

Today's question is:

How does one delicately remove someone off her Instant Messenger list, without hurting the other person's feelings?

Hrm.

His name is Pete. He's very nice, in a very BORING way and we talk about VERY boring things... at length. He was really trying in the beginning with a desperate stab at finding beauty in things, all things really. I liked that but he didn't expand on the topic. Since the beauty shot he's resorted to topics which include scotch whiskey, Noam Chomsky, HTML coding and the origins of Quebecois French....

So, I'm back to wanting to kill myself.

Swearing off boys, I swear...

1 Comments:

  • Well, Grumbli, thanks for your wonderful suggestions. Currently my status is set to "Busy", but he STILL tried getting through. I ignored him. Would that I could just be a heartless, cruel beast of a woman... Alas.

    Your site made my heart resonate! Wonderful! I'm so glad you concentrated on Ottawa and Toronto. They are just lovely.

    I was having just that conversation the other day with my Ndugu about art/ artists/ how art is defined these days. I really love the concept of artists starting to take it back. I don't know if they will in its entirety, though. I find with so many artist friends, the push is to create it constantly, feverishly and without resting or enjoying one's own life enough to live the life to document it properly. As Jarvis said, "A Bad Cover Version of Love". Sigh.

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 2:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home