[ love and comraderie ]

Monday, October 04, 2004

Please Buy This Album... It Will Make You a Nicer Person

I was walking into HMV the other day to pick up Interpol's new Antics release. Long awaited. An example of my not being a cheap bitch and actually supporting the band, knowing full well that maybe 1 red penny actually goes to the boys who are like demi-gods to me.

I walked in through the center doors and was hit was this epic, melancholic yet hope, poppy, lyrical and theatrical music. Bypassed 50 Cent and All Things Brittney and headed straight for Information Central. I asked, "Who is playing right now?"

The Arcade Fire. Montreal band. Album's titled Funeral.
The Arcade Fire: Funeral


THEY
WILL
BE

HUGE!

Do yourself a favour: Run, don't walk and buy this album.
Thank me later.

2 Comments:

  • Thank you Grumblicakes again for your wonderful suggestions. I have not yet heard of any of the bands you listed, but am not hanging my head in shame, just realising it takes time and there's always new stuff out there.

    Thanks again!

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 10:11 p.m.  

  • Hello Grumbli! Thanks so much for your lovely comment(s). Yes, Adaptation is a wonderful, truly inspiring piece of work. For me, I wasn't taken by the character's mandates of reducing their passion to a pinpoint so much as I was thrilled by how the writer wrote the thing. Genious. It's all the same, though, really: passion, obsession, reduction. Sigh.

    Hope you're well and I'm very happy I have a new friend in sunny CA.

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 12:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home