[ love and comraderie ]

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

British Sea Power

BSP

They've opened for Pulp and Interpol. A couple of screaming girls mentioned them at the Interpol concert, but me with my infinite Attention Deficit Disorder completely forgot the suggestion. It all came flooding back when I was listening to Indie Pop Rocks. Thank you, you nice people!

The first three tracks are very punk laden, but the rest... [deep breath in... expel thoroughly]

Their music is self-described as "high church amplified rock music". Or: "A nice big power chord smashing the stained-glass window and sending a shiver through The Book Of Common Prayer." Yeah!

The Decline of British Sea Power (with extra bonus tracks)

I swear to God this is the next album I buy.

5 Comments:

  • i saw them last spring here in new york, and it was a very powerful live show. the stage was decked out with dead trees and branches and the lighting was all blues and greens. they sounded totally amazing.

    By Blogger whatever, at 12:33 p.m.  

  • I wish I had known them then. Lucky, lucky girl. Feeling dumb that I only just discovered them the other day. Better late than never, though.

    Oh, and congratulations on your make-out session. Nothing like getting a little damp in the pants! Oh yeah!

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 12:41 p.m.  

  • i thought i already posted but then it never showed up. damn blogspot!
    what i was saying was that i saw BSP in new york and it was such a cool live show. they had all these dead trees and branches all over the stage and it looked really cool. and it sounded amazing. i really like that band too. i'd like some tips on more canadian bands to check out because what i've heard so far has been pretty good (i'm not a unicorns fan though)

    By Blogger whatever, at 1:27 p.m.  

  • shit, now i see my first comment went through. i am a fucking retard. anyway, i didn't get damp in the pants this time around but it was rather sweet and refreshing to go on a 'date' and get to know someone new. i hardly ever go on dates or get asked out, and i'm hottt if i do say so myself. ha.

    By Blogger whatever, at 1:29 p.m.  

  • Yeah, it's a weird time... nobody really goes out on dates anymore. If they do, it's through those stupid dating engines... which I'm fucking addicted to, but it's more for mental masturbation than anything else. Still, really great to have sexy little moments in our little lives.

    I understand what you mean about The Unicorns. I do kind of like them, but I couldn't possibly have wrapped my head around them last year, even. Try listening to their lyrics; they're little dark, little poetic hot monsters. Some of the guitar is kind of hot, like you, allegedly. Nice! I fit them in the category of cerebral/ art rock.

    Hope the old pants get damp soon!

    Keep me posted on any new stuff you're absolutely captured by, please and thank you!

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 1:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home