[ love and comraderie ]

Monday, November 15, 2004

Exposed, But No Stigmata

IMG_04

I was riding the subway the other day, something I don't do very often, as I live very close to work, and either walk, bike, cab or drive everywhere. So I view taking mass transit as a rare treat.

One of my favourite things in the whole world is watching people. You can watch so many people on a subway! Eyes flick, side to side, up and down. Feet stuffed inside of shoes that are pointed in very expressive angles. Just their feet!

Look here: Shy. Look there: Fiercely proud stance. Stances.

Postures slouched or perched.

I noticed something new, something I hadn't discovered before.

People clench their hands.

Either gently or aggressively. They are either holding onto something: a bag, their CD player, curled up in a ball on their lap or wedged in their pockets. I was doing this too.

Not one palm was exposed.

Try this: Open your hands as wide as possible and extend it outwards in front of you.

It feels totally exposing.

2 Comments:

  • Not sure if you're aware, but such hand gestures are open requests for a good old fashioned de-pantsing. I mean they're not going to be able to get a punch out at the de-pantser at all... the best you might recieve from such a victim is a good slap across the face. Come on, that old greek couple could use a little exposure, go for it.
    -Z-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 p.m.  

  • Yes they are. That's awesome, Jason!

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 4:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home