[ love and comraderie ]

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ready or Not...

Coming out of a funk-funk-funky depression then embarking into a relationship with extra significance with one of my best friends in the whole world is proving to be kind of wonky.

Looking at it now, and/or all the experiences that has led to the now, it makes absolute sense that I'm with Fatty. He's the only person I know that I am proud to walk into any room with. This has always been so. I don't have to worry about him socially. He doesn't say stupid things and if he does he's very aware of the environment, internally checking and rechecking the chances of his ass getting kicked for what might just be on the tip of his tongue hurtling into the astral plains. He's also the person I'm the most happiest to see by chance, though that never happens. I would just imagine it would be. Whenever I have seen him, planned, it's always been a kind of thrill.

I've never had this. I've never had a When Harry Met Sally (for lack of a better analogy) relationship. It's weird and wonderful at the same time.

Weird
The first time I kissed him. I'd never seen him closer than 2' away from my own face. And if I had it's been at pick-a-bar getting half sauced.
Because of the idiot kid relationship we'd shared, of the whipping inanimate objects at heads and playing practical jokes on each other ilk, there tends to spring spontaneous laughter at perhaps inappropriate moments.
He knows just about everything about me already.

Wonderful
We totally love each other.
Even when I'm spun, he has an amazing calming effect on me.
He is a wonderful friend to all he holds dear.
He and Ack, the ex-husband/ best friend, mutually adore and respect one another.
He has the most beautiful... nevermind.
He smells better sweaty than he does after he showers.
He knows just about everything about me already.


In the past few weeks I've gone from ready to not ready, okay maybe to holy-shit-no-way. What I've hated about having feelings for someone is I've tended to get really anxious in the past. Maybe it's been fear of them seeing who I really am. Sometimes I'm less brave. Sometimes I'm really scared. Sometimes I am impotent. Sometimes subsequently I drop off the face of the Earth.

And who's to say when we're ready or not? The funny thing is I think all the stars were aligned for this union. The timing is actually really interesting. Ack has also met someone. It's been so long for the poor boy. Did The Comrade ever gush on the phone over those details!

3 Comments:

  • Yay you. You sound really happy with this most recent turn. And uh...that anxiety and shit? Well, welcome to my most recent world. :)

    ...yeah...yay you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 p.m.  

  • Love......
    Strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
    Affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests
    You have a willingness to be, and now you say you are.
    What is love to you, can you love back?
    When you can you make a commitment and in that commitment you will find true happiness.
    Embrace this and enjoy, it seems to bring you happiness. I see your light.

    DEITY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 a.m.  

  • Thank you dear Sandy. You have swum with me in my fishbowl; the little girls with matching tutus.

    Thank you, my dear friend Deity. Thank you for always having seen my light.

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 10:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home