[ love and comraderie ]

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Most Extraordinary Person I Know

I think it was last week that my lovely friend Ryan had said to me, "I don't know how much of you is being protrayed in your blog. By this I mean your spirit. No one would know your immense affection for others. Also, no one would believe the relationship you have with your ex-husband. Of course you *say* how good it is, but had I not seen it, with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it."

The Team
My darling ex-husband who is my best friend.
Who drops everything if I'm in a moment of need.
Who is always armed and ready to feed me if I *claim* there is nothing in my fridge.
(Subtext: I don't want to make anything and I'm tired of eating alone)

Thank you for fundamentally understanding me.
Thank you for photodocumenting my life.
Thank you for also capturing the best people along side me.
Thank you for always feeling like eating the same thing as me whenever I get a hankering.
Thank you for making me acutely aware of the problems in this world, subsequently driving me crazy with grief and fear of not doing enough.
Thank you for making me a kinder, nicer, better person.
Thank you, thank you for demonstrating how to truly love with no conditions.
Thank you for encouraging me to practice this on every person I come into contact with.
Thank you for always allowing and encouraging my freedom.
Thank you for always forgiving me my regular fuck-ups.
Thank you for allowing me to help you sometimes.
Thank you for allowing me to call you "dude", while I question you when you call me "man".
Thank you for being the second worst indoor beach volleyball player, next to me.
Thank you for being a constant.
Thank you for being the best person to drink beers with, and being the first person to get drunk.
Thanks for pointing out my "quirks".
Thank you for not thinking I'm crazy, but thinking I'm the second sanest person next to you.
Ooh, I actually I think I usurped you in your sanity at one point.
Thank you for mostly thinking the people I think are assholes, are.
Thank you for making question-asking safe.
Thank you for always having an extra beer for me.
Thank you for mostly agreeing with me.
Thank you for being the best person to laugh with.
Thank you for being the best person to laugh at.
Thank you for thinking "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" is the story of my life.
Thank you for always challenging my brain.
Thank you finally realising your mother is nuts!
Thank you for helping me grow strong enough to face some of the darkest bits.
Thank you for making me realise how capable I am.
Thank you for introducing me to computers and first person shooter games.
Thank you for sharing ball-gripping and twisting love for the same music.
Thank you for giving me a venue for learning something new about myself everytime I see you.
Thank you for making fun of me.
Thank you for always telling me things first.
Thank you for sharing everything with me.
Cheers to you for making the best damned pizza outside of Italy.
Thank you for finally feeling safe enough to tell me to get the hell out of your house and to go fuck myself, with a smile on your face.
Thank you for thinking I have super powers.
Thank you for being the only person I ever want to camp with.
Thank you for always making me feel better after talking to you.
Thank you for introducing the finest, funniest, most extraordinary people to me. Yes, this includes you, Zontar!
Thank you for showing me that a prolonged conversation with one is far better than sporadic talking at many.
Thank you for demonstrating longevity.
Thank you for being the best friend anyone would be privedged to have.
I don't care what that mother of yours says. You've got fantastic hair!
Thank you for being the most important person in my life.

We've had some truly amazing times, pet.
And will continue to have them.

xo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home