[ love and comraderie ]

Friday, January 07, 2005

Global Unification

Several weeks back I wrote a rather [clears her throat] long post about an interesting weekend at work. I ended that post with the words: You know something? I am one of the luckiest people in the world."

I don't read a lot of blogs. Very rarely will I do the "Next Blog" thing. I did in the beginning. It was more for research in style, graphics, layout. When I did read, sometimes there were instances of remarkable content. Those were rare. When I say "rare" I mean one really has to take into account personal bents and personal philosophies. If I come across a blog that is laden with nililism/consumerism, I will read it, initially becoming highly reactionary, but eventually something else bubbles up. I try to gain a sense of understanding how that person arrived at his/her thought. Process. Mostly I view insensitive thought as a deflective mechanism. It's easier to bash something than to embrace something. Easier, in this sense, equates to cooler. Cooler is dead easy as none of yourself is on the line.

Some people trounce things that I find beautiful.

I find sincerity beautiful.
I find opinions beautiful.
I find attempts beautiful.
I find quirks beautiful.
I find all the subtle, unspoken physical actions of a person beautiful.
I find the gait of someone I love beautiful. I love that I can recognise people simply by their gaits.
I find excellent customer service beautiful.
I find witnessing kindness and generousity of spirit of and to others beautiful.
I find watching my amaryllis bloom beautiful. I keep an ever present vigil.
I find witnessing someone do exactly what they were meant to beautiful.
I find human interaction beautiful. All of it.
I find language beautiful.
I find community beautiful.
I find assistance beautiful, especially when no one's asked for it.
I find fundamental understanding beautiful.
I find lessons beautiful.
I find beautiful people that not everyone has the vision to truly see. I think that's beautiful.

These are my findings. I feel like a scientist.

I am very fortunate that others aren't like me in the "Next Blog" thing, because I have had the excellent fortune of being introduced to the most beautiful, surprising and often intoxicating humans from around the world. They read. They read other people's blogs. They read mine. They find me.

From all around the world.

After I wrote yesterday's post, I had received comments within my blog and from extraneous sources, one of which I lovingly transcribe:

That's it Diary. I've said all there is to say about today. But there was one last thought that I did think to put into you from this morning. I thought, "Well, you see, other people's blogs seem to be about their thoughts, so I should share perhaps some of my deeper thoughts". I thought, "Well, people don't want to know of my psychoses and irrationality - I mean, I know when I read that type of stuff in a blog I think, 'Get a life, man! Do you think we wnat to read this?'. But, I can mention about the different people's blogs that I have put down your left side, because a thought occurred to me about that subject today, which is: "There is a great disparity between the people you will find down your left side, Diary, from a 16-year old who has "hoors" as neighbours and comes from Glasgow, to a (supposed) Policeman from the UK, to a (supposed) Rabbi, to an English woman from France, with a child and husband, to a (supposed - but I believe it because I was one) Morrison's employee in Bradistan to a humanist celebrationist to a young guy from Indonesia. Wow - that's amazing. They all write blogs, using the same technology, yet they are all so different and probably are not aware of each other. Yet, they all form a part of my life. They are part of me. Whatever they are doing, may Allah bless them and protect them always, ameen.

Thank you, my brother, my new friend Adnan.

If you build it, they will come.

I've learned so much about love from these people, whose lives and experience are as vast as the distance that separates us. And I continue to do so. And if you're reading this, I mean you. I am incredibly touched by these people that I know and yet don't know. I really feel as if I've grown here. As no man is an island, and as Da Vinci once spoke, you can't learn in a vacuum. Though if we must, may the Hoover be filled with all of you.

I thank you, Blogger. I thank you, Google, for building this tremendous humanity tool.

Most sincerely,

The Humanist Celebrationist
[ Who most likely is the luckiest person in the world ]

3 Comments:

  • Comrade,
    As I'm sure you already know, the restaurant is beginning to suck just a tad now. They're not open late so much anymore, partially because of the weather no doubt.
    I wasn't a regular by any stretch of the imagination. But the few times I did come by, the place was.. infectious... to say the least. I infected and was infected.
    Presently, as much fun as Matt's disco dancing is to watch, I think I'll stay away.
    P'haps we shall email from time to time?
    PS... Despite being an HTML noob, I managed to get a working link to love and comraderie on my sidebar.

    By Blogger RevoloutionaryRob, at 11:54 a.m.  

  • What can we say, Chicken? Our job is done now. Be in peace and know that we are always there...

    ...in the hoover.

    ;)

    By Blogger Chris Baines, at 7:39 p.m.  

  • Mr. Leyland: If that's the case, well then, lucky me!
    Grumbli: I'm so glad to see you linked MysticDragon! And also so glad you, who claims to be the "quietest" one, spoke first to me.
    Traveller: The only constant is change. Thank you for the linking, not-so-newbie!
    Mr. Mole: Though I am glad to have you as a particulate; our work is never done.

    By Blogger Comrade Chicken, at 11:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home